Friday 5 April 2013

Pocket size Filofax - a nice surprise

After using my pocket size Chameleon as a purse for a couple of weeks I have made a discovery.   The top opening pocket that came with the binder is actually big enough to hold my mobile phone.

In the pocket


 I had put my phone in the back of the Filofax a couple of times and just closed the clasp to hold it in place but I remembered a post by Tracy (Crazy Suburban Mom) where she had found special cases from Japan that were punched to fit into a binder.  I searched eBay and coming up empty I tried to see if it would fit into a standard clear pocket. 
I have a Nokia Lumia 610 which measures 119.2 x 62.2 x 11.9mm or 4.69 x 2.44 x 0.47in and it fits easily in the top opening pocket even with the thick plastic case I have on the phone to protect it.  The Lumia is 4.6mm or 0.18in shorter than an iPhone 5 but with the extra height of the binder above the clear pocket I think an iPhone would fit ok too. 


The phone is nearly as wide as my inserts

Having my phone in the Chameleon does take up space on the rings but as I'm not using it as my main planner it is fine for me.  I only have a month on two pages diary in there, some note paper and a couple more pockets so its not very full at the minute.  I like having my phone in the Filofax as it keeps everything important together in my bag (purse, phone, pen, diary), it's very handy.  Now if I could only find some way of keeping my keys with it all!


*Disclaimer - I have not tried to see if an iPhone 5 would fit into the top opening pocket (because I don't have one), it is just my opinion that it would probably fit.


6 comments:

  1. I tried it. My iPhone does fit. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! iPhones are one of the bigger phones so I think that means a lot of mobiles would fit too. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow thats great! I never thought of the top opening insert!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those cases were pretty cool though, this was just my less awesome solution!

      Delete
  3. What a great idea! I love the idea of keeping everything together like that. I'd like to be able to use a personal size Filofax as a purse, but I've never found anything that would work for me. I seem to get a lot of coins, so it would be hard to fit them in too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The zip section in this is bigger than I thought it would be. Before it came I thought it would be a tight space but its actually quite easy to get the coins in and out. Keeping it all together is great for me, I hate trying to fish things out of my bag when its full of wet wipes, nappies, toys and snacks ;)

      Delete