Thursday 2 January 2014

A look back at 2013

Last year I wrote myself a list of things I wanted to do to help me beat my January blues and to carry on throughout the year. 

This is my look back at 2013 how I did.

  • Be more organised.  Yes I think I managed this!  With the help of my Filofax (or two!) I was very organised last year.  My set up and planning style worked well for me so I will be sticking with it for this year too.  If it ain't broke... right?
  • Wear make up more often.  Erm.... nope, I still walked around some days without even a stroke of mascara!  I guess I feel like it is a waste of make up if I put it on when I'm not going anywhere and then the battle to remove it all before bed is just another hassle.  I do feel better about myself when I wear it though so maybe I should try again this year.
  • Take longer baths.  Ok so not every bath was as long and luxurious as I would have liked but I did manage more pampering ones than the year before so I can give this one a tick.
  • Paint my nails.  I  brought some pretty polishes last year and used them so I managed this one too.
  • Read more books.  I didn't keep a list of the books I read last year but off the top of my head I can think of nine.  There was five mysteries, two who dunits and two romantic comedies.  Even if I haven't forgotten any, I'm quite pleased with that number, it isn't as many as I used to read but it's a start.  This year I will aim for twelve.
  • Start drawing again.  I completely failed this one, the most I did was little doodles in my Filofax.  I just didn't find the time or the inspiration to do more.

I haven't written myself a list for this year yet, to be honest I'm still in Christmas holiday mode and not really thinking about the fact it is January but if I write one later in the month I will let you know!


Oh and a quick question! Do you like the new look of my blog? I felt like changing things up a bit and this is the result.  Please let me know if it is harder to read now, it looks ok on my computer and iPad but if it is a problem I will edit it again.

Thanks


6 comments:

  1. The blog looks great! Can read it no problem :) I'm thinking of a change for mine too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I think I will still be tweaking it a little, I want the patterned area a lighter shade than this so it's easier to read the writing over the top of it but it wasn't changing much when I tried. I think I exhausted Blogger earlier when I was playing around with it and it stopped working properly ;)
      I like the idea of a new look for the new year, it's easier to change a blog than your own style. If you don't like it you can just change it back!

      Delete
  2. Natural beauty is best. I'm sure you don't need all the make up. ;) My husband prefers I don't, but I understand what you mean about feeling a little better with a little on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can read it just fine & I failed at more reading- my meds keep me awake but find it difficult to concentrate..rereceived a couple of books by Alice Munro thou gh so they would be a good place to start x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew I'm glad it's ok, I was a bit worried.
      I have ordered a couple of books from the library so I'm just waiting for the to be available for me to collect. They're the latest Faye Kellerman and Jonathan Kellerman ones, I love murder mysteries >.< I can't wait to start them! I hope you can enjoy yours x

      Delete