Sunday 23 March 2014

Fun, fresh and girly - Willow Filofax review

If you regularly read my My Week posts you may have noticed I have been counting off the weeks since an email.  That email was about the possibility of me reviewing one of the new Spring releases and to say I was excited would be an understatement!  I would like to thank Nike from Filofax for sending me the Willow to review and Steve from Philofaxy for helping to arrange it.

The Filofax arrived in the now standard clear cover with perfect rings that fit snugly together.  I requested the personal size planner that has 23mm rings and costs £30.  It is also available in pocket size with 19mm rings for £28.    

In the cover

One of the first things I noticed when I opened the parcel was how beautiful the colours are.  The background is a sage green colour with a peach, green, purple, pink and baby pink leaf print.  The outside cover is padded so it has a nice squish to it.  I'm not the only one who likes to squish their planner right?  The inside is firmer providing you with a good surface to lean on while you write.  Filofax describe the material as "leather look".  I'm not sure I agree with this but that might be because I have been using my Malden filo for a while now and I am used to crinkly, vintage look leather.

Filofax Willow

The inside of the planner is baby pink.  When I first saw the press release I had assumed the interior would be green.  I was surprised when I was told it was pink and thought that I would have preferred if it had been green.  However now I have seen it in person I have been won over by the pink, I really like it!  

Inside view

There are six pockets on the left hand side for cards and a full length vertical pocket behind those.  I carry some cards wrapped with washi tape in my Malden which are quite thick.  I tried putting them into these slots, thinking they wouldn't fit but they do easily.  You also get a front page that matches the outside of the binder which is a nice touch.  

The Willow comes with: 
  • A week on two page 18 month diary 
  • 6 coloured dividers
  • Contact and To Do pages
  • A selection of note paper - lined, plain, quadrille and coloured
  • Transparent flyleaf
  • Top opening pocket
  • Frosted ruler 

Inside the back cover

On the right hand side there is a large horizontal pocket.  You can use this for keeping letters or bits and pieces in or you could use it for adding a separate note pad to the planner.

A good length strap and the pen loop

The elasticated pen loop is behind the strap on the very edge of the Filofax.  I noticed that the strap seems to be longer so it can accommodate a bigger pen without making the binder hard to close.  It also keeps the pen far enough away from your pages and tabs/dividers so it won't crush them.  I think position of the loop and the length of the strap is brilliant and that the Willow would be great for someone who likes to stuff their Filofax.... like me.  

Here are some more photos, feel free to drool if the urge strikes you!

Filofax logo

The back cover 

The lining and outer pattern complement each other

Top view

Arty angled shot

I liked this Filofax the first time I saw it and now I have it in my hands I like it even more.  The symmetrical pattern and pastel colours are stylish and fun, perfect for this time of year but the main reason I like it is because it is incredibly pretty and I have always been a sucker for something pretty! 

If you have any questions about the Willow ask me in the comments and I will try and answer them.

*Disclaimer - this product was given to me free of charge for the purpose of this review.  I was not paid to write the post and all opinions are my own.


29 comments:

  1. This really is a thing of beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't paid too much attention to the Willow, now I've seen this I'm really tempted! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been eyeballing the willow on the UK website for awhile! I want one!! It is so pretty, I hope they put it on the US website soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will cross my fingers for you Holly that it's on the US one soon ;)

      Delete
  4. Ooh! The pink inside is so spring like! I am resisting the temptation... just..... although, I'm learning Danish and everybody needs a Filofax to store their info in, don't they? I suppose a pretty Willow one would get me going. Jeg lære dansk med Filofax!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det er en god idé Angel Jem!

      I love google translate ;) I'd been pinning so many pink and mint things on my spring Pinterest board and then this arrived and was the perfect embodiment of it all 💗

      Delete
  5. Nice review!!.. Just posted my FiloPhotoFriday, though a little late, I'm sorry. As I was taking the pictures, I notice how the suede is starting to look a little grungy-colored, so I'll have to see if I can fix that. (I read I should do that as DRYLY as possible, so we'll see)... But I've been thinking of picking out a new one, and I'm leaning towards yellow. A nice bright, cheery color like that might be nice, for both Spring and Summer, I think!.. Hope you're enjoying your weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina! Good luck with cleaning the suede.
      Have you decided which yellow one you would like?

      Delete
  6. Hiya!
    Excellent review and very happy you now own this cutie!
    Like you, I was a fan of Willow as soon as it was revealed.
    I love the sage background , the mix of colours and the symmetrical pattern. It reminds me of Orla Kiely prints which have always floated my boat.
    Good to know the strap allows for plenty of content .
    The only aspect I'm not so keen on is the pink inside. I would have much preferred green or yellow. It does put me off a bit ...but then I remember how much I love everything else about it. S'pose I could always stuff the slots full of washi, Deco & sticky notes...
    Adore your decoration- so pretty. Xxx

    I think, on balance, its staying on my wish list... too lovely not to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really enjoyed doing it! I think it should stay on your wish list, it is beautiful ;)
      As I said the pink surprised me too but now I like it, then again I'm a pink kind of girl so maybe that's why xx

      Delete
  7. I am new to the filofax and I searching high and low for my perfect first one. This one is so pretty! Do you know when it will be released? Everything on the Filofax website is sold out and I am coming up short finding a filofax anywhere online. Are there any websites you can recommend to me. I am becoming sad and frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicoyabeauty, where do you live so I can work out which direction to point you in? :)

      Delete
    2. I am barely seeing the reply! LOL I live in the USA, San Antonio TX and I would love the personal size

      Delete
  8. I've been looking for a unique Filofax design and this is it! I've checked online and they only have it at UK stores. Shipping charges are high though. I'm debating if I will invest on it. Good review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mindy! It was released here in the UK first but it should be available elsewhere soon so I would hold off on ordering it for now :)

      Delete
    2. How long does it usually take for US stores to have it available?

      Delete
    3. I think it's normally quite a few weeks after it's released here. I can ask Nike at Filofax if he knows when they're due and let you know.

      Delete
  9. Thank you! If it takes too long, i may just order from UK site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I emailed Nike yesterday so I will let you know what he says once he has got back to me.

      Delete
  10. Hi!

    I just ordered one of these and I was curious about the 18 month diary. I have always had planners that allowed me to enter in my own dates, and I wasn't sure if this had that format or was specific for 2014. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :D

    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rachel, the 18 month diary has the dates pre printed. It starts on Monday 30th June this year and goes through to the end of 2015 and it shows a week spread over two pages.
    I hope you love yours when it arrives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh awesome! Plenty of time to customize my pages then :) Thank you so much for the information!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! Maybe you could make your own pages for June using the blank paper that comes with it? If you wanted to start using it right away :)

      Delete
  12. oh dear, Amanda this is so pretty and helpful!
    I am starting filofaxing, so I am on the lookout for a nice unique filofax. usually I don't like pink but I like the green of this Filofax. And I mean come on, Willow? That reminds me of my teenage years when I was watching Buffy - The vampire slayer like crazy. Her witch friend was named Willo. I liked her.

    I think I will really get this one.

    As I saw the rings are only 23mm? is that enough?
    I saw that the Filofax Metropol has 30mm rings which fit way more stuff.....
    I am not sure if I need it though....and let's be honest, Willow is much prettier than Metropol.

    Would love to hear your feedback.

    Mara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mara,

      Only A5 size Filofaxes come with the 30mm rings all personal size ones come with the standard 23mm and they haven't made the Willow in A5 so you would have to choose.
      The thing with the A5 size is because it is bigger and holds more it can get really heavy quite fast. If you were planning on carrying it with you then personal size might be more practical and then you could get the Willow which is very pretty.

      Buffy was a fantastic tv show!!

      Delete