Friday 28 April 2017

Fountain Pen Friday - Lamy LX and Diamine ink

I just love Fountain Pen Friday!  Having rediscovered my love of fountain pens a few years back it is so nice to have a special day of National Stationery Week dedicated to them.  I thought today would be perfect to share my newest addition with you, a pen I had lusted after since the day it was announced, the beautiful rose gold Lamy LX!

Lamy LX in rose gold

The LX range was designed by Wolfgang Fabian and produced as part of Lamy's 50th anniversary celebrations.  It is available in four different colours, Gold, Rose Gold, Palladium (white) and Ruthenium (grey).  

LX is pronounced 'luxe' and my rose gold is certainly a luxurious pen with a refined finish. It's made from the same lightweight and durable aluminium as Lamy's popular Al-Star pen (which I also own and reviewed a while ago) but it is anodised in rose gold and comes with it's own matching rubber-cushioned aluminium case. 

Matching pen and case

The chrome elements are plated in rose gold to match the barrel colour and adds a real touch of class to the pen.

Rose gold plated pen clip
More rose gold plate

The nib is a little different too.  It is black PVD-coated steel which goes nicely with the transparent black, ergonomic, plastic grip area.

 Black nib and grip area

The LX takes a standard T10 Lamy ink cartridge or the Z28 converter if you like to use bottled ink.  I filled mine with Diamine Shimmertastic in Golden Sands as I couldn't find a rose gold ink to match the pen.  I used Golden Sands to write on the page in the photo above, I think the two go well together.

Diamine Shimmertastic inks come in a variety colours and have tiny shimmer particles in either silver or gold.  Golden Sands is an amber coloured ink with gold sparkles and is simply stunning to use!  It is quite hard to capture in a photograph just how sparkly it is so I got out my macro lens to show you.

Diamine Shimmertastic Golden Sands under a macro lens

Do you have a favourite fountain pen and ink combination? I'd love to know!

P.S how lovely is my new rose gold Saffiano Filofax?  I needed it, it matched my pen!  I will have to write a post about it soon and show you how I have set it up!

See you again tomorrow for Signature Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment